Update Your Links
Changes have been made to the website to reflect the current requirements for our undergraduate program. Links on the menu for "Prospective Students" and "Current Students" may have been renamed, changed or deleted. Please let us know if you cannot find the information that you need.
LFPDC is Providing Leadership for Forest Products Society
1. Dr. Niels de Hoop (right) served the past year as President of the Forest Products Society and is being presented a Gavel of Appreciation by FPS Executive Director Craig McKinney (left). 2. Dr. Rich Vlosky (right) is now the President-Elect of the Forest Products Society. He was presented a plaque by outgoing President Dr. Niels de Hoop (left) at the International Convention of the Forest Products Society.
All faculty members at the Louisiana Forest Products Development Center (LFPDC) are providing leadership for Forest Products Society.
The Forest Products Society is the premier organization through which scientists in wood products share their ideas and research results. It publishes the Forest Products Journal and many other journals and books that are circulated globally. This means that the LSU AgCenter is providing leadership in the dissemination and sharing of wood products research for the world.
Four faculty members serve in the Louisiana Forest Products Development Center (which is within the School of RNR) and were recognized at the International Convention of the Forest Products Society held June 10-12, 2015, in Atlanta: Drs. Rich Vlosky (Director), Qinglin Wu, Todd Shupe and Niels de Hoop. Dr. Vlosky is currently serving as President-Elect of the Forest Products Society. Dr. Wu is Faculty Advisor to the LSU Student Chapter. Dr. Shupe serves on the Board of Directors representing the 6-state south-central region. Dr. de Hoop now serves as Past President, having served during a time of major management transition. Through this leadership, the LSU AgCenter has emerged as one of the foremost organizations serving society in the responsible utilization and management of forest resources.
-- Quick News --
- Spring 2015 issue of "Research Matters" has been posted to the site. It is available on the "Research Matters" page.
- 2st Quarter 2015 Timber Tales is now available. The details and a link to the newsletter are available on our Extensions page.
- RNR students participated in the 58th Southern Forestry Conclave hosted by Mississippi State University. The Team from RNR did well and the photos are posted on our Gallery page! Congratulations on a job well done!
- Arborist Workshops 2015: The early 2015 schedule for Arborist Workshops and other learning opportunities has been updated, and registrations are open. For more information, see our Workshops page.
- The Student Chapter of Society of American Foresters (SAF) has a new way to keep you informed, share their news and events, and keep in touch: They now have a Facebook page. LIKE their page, and keep up with all the latest! Support your local (student) Foresters!
- Follow Dr. Stouffer on sabbatical as a Fulbright Scholar in Tanzania: via his Flickr Feed
This is our office!
What does yours look like?
Check out our new video that shows why the School of Renewable Natural Resources is the place to be!