This Week in RNR
- RNR SEMINAR
11:30 am, Wednesday, 28 January 2015
Room 142 RNR, coffee and cookies at 11:20 am
Zhijun Liu, PhD
Professor, School of Renewable Natural Resources, LSU Ag Center
Presentation: Solubilization of Agrochemicals Using Natural Nanoparticles Discovered from Medicinal Plants
Memorial Boat Christening
In June of last year, one of our students, Eric Fabre, an NREM senior from Slidell, LA was killed in a tragic traffic accident. Many of you knew Eric from class, as a fellow student, and as a friend. As a way to remember him, an Airboat used by both by Dr. Nyman's and Dr. Megan LaPeyre's lab groups, and others who worked closely with Eric, was christened "RV Eric Fabre".
Safety Class for Women of RNR
REMINDER: The class series takes place this Friday (6pm - 9pm), Saturday (9 am - 4 pm), and Sunday (1pm - 4 pm).
We are excited to offer you the opportunity to participate in a self-defense class designed for women. The RAD class will be offered next weekend at the RNR building exclusively for women students, staff and faculty in the School of Renewable Natural Resources! The normal fee for this course is $25, but Dr. Rutherford has arranged to cover tuition for up to 50 places! This is a great deal for you and your RNR friends and colleagues. Please spread the word!
An informational poster is available to download (PDF) and there are several posted around the RNR building. Below is the registration link for this class. When you go online, you will see that we have activated the “returning member” as the only option to ensure that you will not be charged via the website. Please take advantage of this unique opportunity to get this high-quality, comprehensive training gratis.
Contact Dr. Hallie Dozier with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
LINK to registration: https://lsushc.wufoo.com/forms/qulppyo1qmq763/
-- Quick News --
- REMINDER: 2015 AgExpo Forestry Forum, Friday, 16 January, 2015 8-12 pm, West Monroe Convention Center. The agenda for the forum and registration information are available for download here (pdf).
- Follow Dr. Stouffer on sabbatical as a Fulbright Scholar in Tanzania: via his Flickr Feed
- 4th Quarter 2014 Timber Tales is now available. The details and a link to the newsletter are available on our Extensions page.
- Arborist Workshops 2015: The early 2015 schedule for Arborist Workshops and other learning opportunities has been updated, and registrations are open. For more information, see our Workshops page.
- As part of the LPB series "Alive in America's Delta", see our own Yu-Hsin Hsueh (Ph.D student of Dr. Chambers and Dr. Keim) as she talks about her own encounter with alligators while doing research in the swamp. This segment gives witness first-hand to how this keystone species – and cultural icon – was brought back to viability using a combination of biological science and marketplace economics. The full program can now be accessed on LPB online.
- The Student Chapter of Society of American Foresters (SAF) has a new way to keep you informed, share their news and events, and keep in touch: They now have a Facebook page. LIKE their page, and keep up with all the latest! Support your local (student) Foresters!
This is our office!
What does yours look like?
Check out our new video that shows why the School of Renewable Natural Resources is the place to be!